Special Sessions are opened!
· Special Track #1:
Digital Game-Based Learning (DGBL)
· Special Track #2:
Learning Technologies in Special Education and Inclusion
· Special Track #3:
Bridging the GAP between Researchers and Practitioners in Child-Computer Interaction (CCI)
Please go to Special Sessions on the main bar.
We are happy to inform you about the collocated conference ArtsIT 2017!
Design, learning, and innovation frame the world of ICT, play and playfulness opening doors into an increasingly playful world. Whether it is about developing tools, technologies, environments, as well as content and approaches that can spark and nurture a passion for learning and transforming domains such as education, rehabilitation/therapy, work places, and cultural institutions, design, learning, and innovation is a powerful catalyst in empowering individuals to participate, communicate, and create to be able to exceed their own limits in a playful way: Such is the spirit behind driving the DLI 2017 conference. Making this spirit explicit and visible is crucial to identify how specific tools, technologies, methodologies and solutions shape opportunities for how people can learn and engage with the demands of life. Today, challenges in the fields of design, learning, and innovation are often approached by trans-disciplinary teams and solutions, such that tools, technologies, methods and theories developed for other purposes are mobilized to be utilized in unlocking new frameworks for understanding these fields and thereby opening up to partnerships that can enrich learning in formal and informal learning practices. DLI 2017 intends to foster such dynamics.
Academics, designers, researchers, and practitioners with a background the fields of design, learning, and innovation towards creating, shaping, incubating playful learning designs, tools, technologies, experiences, processes, and outcomes, are invited to contribute to and participate in the DLI 2017. The conference asks for submission of papers and posters as well as proposals for workshops and symposiums. Furthermore, the conference hosts a Doctoral colloquium.
We invite contributors to submit papers, posters, workshops, and panel/symposium proposals on all topics related original research in design learning and innovation towards creating, shaping, incubating playful learning designs, tools, technologies, experiences, processes and outcomes, including but not limited to:
Digital games and toys
- Game design
- Toy design
- Interactive environments
- Tangible and intangible tools
- Design of playful interactions
- Playful interfaces
- Affective and experiential designs
- Designs for embodied interactions
- Pervasive gaming designs
- Analysis of playful designs
- Analysis of designs for users with special abilities and needs
- Emotions and affective learning and interaction
- Play, playfulness and innovation
- Theoretical foundations for design, learning, and innovation
- Experience and explorative designs, play and learning
- Collaborative, collective and co-creative designs for learning
- Movements, exploration and experimentation
Innovation in design and learning
- Design methodologies
- Methodologies, tools, and techniques for innovation in design and learning
- Design of innovative learning environments
- Design of innovative applications
- Design driven innovation
- User centered design
- Designing for users with special abilities and needs
- Novel initiatives in design and learning
Design, learning and innovation for specific purposes
- Toys and/or games for playful learning
- Toys and/or games for health and wellbeing
- Serious games
- Toys and/or games for social impact
- Online/virtual laboratories
- Toys and/or games for outdoor spaces
New trends in formal and informal learning practices
- Game-based learning and gamification
- Play-based learning
- Toy-based learning
- Learning space designs
- Trends and issues in formal and informal learning domains
- Workplace learning designs
- Ludic engagement designs
Emerging tools and technologies in design, learning and innovation
- Social networking
- Virtual and augmented realities
- Novel applications
- Virtual communities
- Tools for outdoor play environments
Full Paper Submission deadline
July 8, 2017
Notification and Registration opens
August 10, 2017
September 30, 2017
October 30 - 31, 2017
- The event is endorsed by the European Alliance for Innovation, a leading community-based organisation devoted to the advancement of innovation in the field of ICT.
- All accepted papers will be published by Springer and made available through SpringerLink Digital Library, one of the world's largest scientific libraries.
"Proceedings are submitted for inclusion to the leading indexing services: EI, ISI Thomson's Scientific and Technical Proceedings at Web of Science, Scopus, CrossRef, Google Scholar, DBLP, as well as EAI's own EU Digital Library (EUDL)."
- Accepted Authors will be invited to submit an extended version of their work to Special Issue in EAI Endorsed Transactions on Creative Technologies.
It is our pleasure to announce that ArtsIT & DLI 2016 proceedings have been published.
ArtsIT & DLI 2016 proceedings are available via EUDL and SPRINGER.
Thank you for cooperating with EAI and we look forward to working with you again in the future.
EAI Publications Department